Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Jason

Today is September 18th. It would've been Jason's 41st birthday. This weekend would also be our 3 year anniversary.  But something happened yesterday to take a little of all that pain away.

I received a call from our rep at the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.  After a discussion earlier in the day, they've decided to create a new award - one that will go to someone who has gone above and beyond the call of duty in fundraising for the society.  They decided to name the award after someone who had lost his/her life to one of the many diseases they fight.  And, incredibly, they picked Jason.  The award will be named The Jason Harmon Enduring Spirit Award. 

When Jennfier told me, I was frozen in shock.  I immediately started crying and didn't stop for 2 hours.  I was just so completely floored that they would choose to honor Jason's fight & my fight to keep his memory alive.  And the fact that today's his birthday just made the announcement all the more sweet.  And to top it all off, Jason's parents will be at the walk this year. 

I can't think of a more perfect way to celebrate Jason, his life, and his birthday.

Until next time --
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment