Sunday, October 18, 2009

An Amazing Weekend!

What an amazing weekend.  Truly AMAZING!

First, we'll start with some REALLY exciting news!  I WON AN EMMY AWARD!  Yes!  An actual EMMY AWARD!

It's my very first one.  I've been nominated 5 previous times but never won...until NOW!  I'm so super excited...but it's really bittersweet because Jason was supposed to be here to see this.  It really just drove home the fact that he's not here...he'll never be here to celebrate my wins, or even to help ease my losses.  I know "he's here in spirit" and all that other blah blah blah...but, that doesn't make me feel better.  I'm greedy, and I want him here with me...IN THE FLESH. 


But, I put all my sad feelings aside for another celebration this weekend.  It was the 2009 Dallas Light the Night Walk!  I promised Jason before he died that if I won that Emmy...I would haul it around with me at the walk.  And I did.



It was a fantastic night!  TEAM JASON was out in FULL force.



I am SO incredibly blessed with an amazing group of friends and family.  They have ALL been so amazing through all of this.  They've given me unbelievable support with TEAM JASON and I can't thank them enough.


TEAM JASON has so far raised $10,550 for the fight against blood cancers.  We were the #1 friends and family fundraising team in Dallas.  ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!


It has been an unbelievably awesome weekend.  So many wonderful memories...but also plenty of reminders that the love of my life is no longer here.  


Until next time --
Stuart

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Stuart, that is so wonderful! I'll be thinking about you during this rough time.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing news!! congratulations all around!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete