Wednesday, November 25, 2009

I'm Still Thankful

It has been an unbelievable year filled with many ups and some pretty major downs. When this year began, none of us ever thought that we'd be dealing with the things we've had to deal with. While this Thanksgiving holiday is going to be extremely tough, through the sadness, I can still find things for which I'm thankful.

I'm thankful for the wonderful two years that Jason and I spent together.

I'm thankful that I had the influence of such an amazing man in my life.

I'm thankful he had such an amazing team of doctors and nurses who cared for him - both in the medical sense and personal sense.

I'm thankful that his suffering is over, and that he's no longer in pain.

I'm thankful that I have a new guardian angel on my side (who helped me win my first Emmy…for which I'm also thankful).

I'm thankful that, every day, there is something that reminds me of him.

I'm thankful that, every day, he still finds ways to make me smile.

I'm thankful that there are still plenty of days when I still feel him around me.

I'm thankful to have such an unbelievably amazing family who stood by me through everything.

I'm thankful to have such an unbelievably awesome group of friends who supported me through the most difficult time in my life.

I'm thankful to the people at work who understood what was going on, and who worked to make sure that I had nothing to worry about here.

I'm thankful to everyone who gave money, time, and support to TEAM JASON - so much so that we raised $11,000 for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

But most of all, I'm thankful that Jason and I were able to find love in each other. No matter how short it was in the flesh, his love and the love I have for him will live on forever, and for that, I'm extremely thankful.

So, as we all celebrate this holiday, I just wanted to say THANK YOU again to all of you for everything you've done for Jason, for his family, and for me. I wish you all a very happy holiday season.

Thanks again, and I love you guys!

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment