Monday, January 11, 2010

A Piece Of Art, A Piece of Jason

I am on cloud nine right now!  I'm so excited.  Something happened tonight, and I actually feel like I have a piece of Jason back with me.  I actually feel him here.  It's INCREDIBLE.

So, you may have read my earlier posting about spending Christmas with Jason's parents.  For a present, they gave me a piece of artwork that Jason did when he was 11 years old (1980).  It was done the year I was born - which is creepy and sweet all at the same time.  LOL  Anyway - it was the most awesome gift I've ever received, and I loved it the instant I opened it.  Here's how it looked when I got it:

















The frame was very simple, just a wood frame that Jason and his dad had built together.  It was very sweet.  The matting was clearly just a sheet of paper that had a hole cut out of it.  I loved it just the way it was.

But when I got home and it arrived (had to ship it back here), I decided that it was just too beautiful and needed to be showcased better.  So, I made the decision to get it re-matted and re-framed so that I could properly display it in my apartment.  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever image how amazing it would look.  I was literally blown away when I picked it up at the framing store tonight.  I actually started crying right there in the store.  I was just bowled over with emotions.  Here's how it looks now.

















I hung it up in my apartment as soon as I got home, and immediately felt something.  I felt Jason.  I felt him here in my apartment for the first time since he was alive and actually here.  I feel like I actually have a piece of him here with me now, and it's so incredibly comforting.  It's amazing how one thing, one piece of art, can bring so much life, so much feeling into a place.

Anyway, I just had to share his beautiful art with you.  I still can't believe that he did it.

Until next time --
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment