Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To Therapy

I'm a firm believer that those who have "crossed over" can give us signs that they're still around us, seeing everything that goes on.  I've talked about a few of those instances in previous blogs.  Today - a funny thing happened on the way to therapy.

I was extremely late leaving work, and I was in a terrible rush.  Naturally, that meant that there was a lot of traffic which also leads to frustration and annoyance.  I began fiddling around with my phone, the radio, etc and wasn't really paying attention to what was in front of me.  I don't know how long it was there, but in one instant, I looked up and saw it.

Vitas was the name of the hospice organization we used to help take care of Jason.  It's a name that - even a year later - I'm not very happy seeing.  The truck that came to deliver the hospital bed & supplies had the name plastered in big font on the side of the truck...and I remember watching the truck drive away after they had picked up all the equipment after Jason died.  I haven't seen another Vitas truck since that day...until tonight.

I looked up after fidgeting with my phone and my jaw dropped.  There in front of me was a Vitas truck.  My first instinct was to cry.  But, instead, I began laughing.  I laughed because I knew it was a joke sent by Jason to make me laugh.  Of all the days to see that truck (one year to the day that it arrived on Jason's driveway to drop off the bed, etc)...I knew it was Jason's way of showing me that he's still here with me, that we're still in this together.

2 comments:

  1. Jason is absolutely still with you and I'm glad you can laugh with him.

    ReplyDelete