Thursday, July 16, 2009

They're Back!

Tonight, I picked up Jason's parents from the airport. They're back in Dallas to get things with the house situated. We'll be packing up most of Jason's personal belongings and getting the house ready to put on the market. We have a meeting with the realtor on Friday to set the price and sign the listing contract.

It's going to be a bittersweet weekend...but honestly, I'm looking forward to the tasks ahead. I think it'll do us all some good to surround ourselves with Jason's things...his memories. I think it'll all help us have final closure and help us all to begin to really let go.

It amazes me to think that it's been a month now since we buried that beautiful urn at the grave in Hudson, MA. It also amazes me at how little closure something like that brings. I thought for sure that I would feel closure after the funeral...but it was almost worse afterwards.

So, it'll be onward and upward from this weekend forth. It's time to put this house and the memories contained within away. They'll be tucked into my mind...in my heart...and in my soul forever. I will call on them when I need them...and they'll always be there for me. I'm ready to let this house go. I'm ready to let go of the pain and sadness.

It's going to be a good weekend. There will be times of sadness...times of frustration...but there will also be times of fun...sharing memories...and laughter. I'm looking forward to it.

Until next time --
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment