Monday, July 13, 2009

A Weekend, A Boat, and a Tear

It's been a few days since my last blog...and something exciting has happened. My brother and I have been talking about doing this for a month or so...and we finally did it. We bought a BOAT!!


It's a 1994 Four Winns 20' open bow. It looks fantastic and has a nearly new engine. We got it on Saturday and spent most of Sunday out on the water. It was fantastic!! I had a great time, and can't wait to get back on it.

One of the things Jason wanted to do before he died was get on a boat and hang out on the water. Things went too fast, and we weren't able to do it. That's one of the reasons why I wanted to go in on this deal with my brother. I wanted to do this for Jason. This way - everytime I'm on the boat, he'll be there with me...having a great time. I even wore my "Team Jason" t-shirt for the inaugural ride out. I want him to be there with me experiencing all of it.

My crying fits have stopped for the most part over the last few days. That is until earlier when I was talking to a friend about everything. I hadn't talked to him much since Jason was gone, so we had a lot of catching up to do. It was good to talk to him, but I didn't think I would react the way I did when I started talking about Jason. I guess I had lulled myself in to a sense that I wouldn't get upset when I talked about it. Guess I was wrong.

Jason's parents arrive on Thursday. We'll be getting the house ready to put on the market. Hopefully that'll happen on Friday...and if we play our cards right, the house will sell fairly quickly. We'll be hosting an estate sale once the contract is signed and before the closing. I think this is going to be an emotional time. I don't know how I'm gonna feel about letting the house go once and for all. It's the last link I have to him. It's where he died.

Anyway, work is keeping me busy this week, which is a good thing. I'm looking forward to seeing Jason's folks. I can't believe it's already been a month since we buried him. It was a month ago today. Wow. And the tears begin again.

Until next time...
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment