Sunday, July 5, 2009

Missing You

Why do I miss you more this weekend than I have in previous weekends? Do I really miss you more, or am I just feeling it more now? I'm guessing its the latter question.

I went back to DFW Founders Plaza to talk to you. It was crowded, so I stayed in my car. The planes were taking off towards the north this time...so instead of watching landings, I watched the take-offs. It was a nice change. I enjoy watching the take-offs more than the landings. There's something magnificent about each take-off. Maybe that's why you enjoyed this so much. It's breathtaking to watch. Maybe that's you underneath each plane, lifting it up off the ground.

I miss holding your hand. I miss feeling your gentle grip on my leg. I miss the nights when I would get into bed with you and kiss you goodnight. I miss our routine. It was like our own special dance...only the two of us knew it. It was so simple and so trivial, but not doing it now...I miss it so much. I miss just being in your presence...watching you sleep...hearing you breathe. I miss every little thing about you.

I also miss who I was when I was with you. I was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment