Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A week Turns Into Another Month

July 28th. 2 months have passed now. It feels like yesterday that I was saying that about 1 month. I can't believe another month has gone by without him. The saying is "Time flies when you're having fun." I haven't had a lot of fun, but it still flew by.

We got the house on the market, and have already seen a huge interest in it. That's a good sign and hopefully it won't be on the market long. I go back and forth in my feeling about letting go of the house. At first I was excited when I heard it was being shown the day after we posted it. Then I found out that person requested a second look several days later and I realized this could all be wrapped up very quickly. My heart began to hurt, and I caught myself before having a panic attack.

This past weekend...I had one last hurrah in the house that was to be ours. My best friend Tanya was in town visiting from Atlanta. We stayed at the house rather than cramming ourselves in my one bedroom apartment. It was a FANTASTIC weekend...and I think I'm glad to say that while my final memories of the house aren't with Jason, at least they're filled with love and happiness. That's what's going to get me through this next step in closing this chapter.

I've really been doing good over the last couple weeks. There were some downer days while we were packing up the house, but all in all...I'd say I've laughed and smiled a helluva lot more than I cried. I'm starting to remember the good times, the great times...and I'm not replaying the final days over as much. I guess this is what they call healing.

I talked to Jason tonight. I asked for his help tomorrow. My brother is taking the dog he's had for the last 14 years to be put down tomorrow afternoon. My heart breaks for him because I know he's completely torn up about it. He and Debo (the dog) have been through so much together. I asked Jason (my brother) if he wanted me to go with him, but he said no...he wants to do it by himself. I completely understand. But, he won't be alone. My Jason will be there. I asked him to be tonight. I asked him to be there to take Debo and to look after him. Jason loved dogs...so I know Debo will be in great hands.

I leave a week from today to go to Boston to see him. The tombstone is supposed to be up sometime this week, so I'm looking forward to seeing that when I get there. After a day and a half in Boston, I fly to New York City to spend the weekend with my childhood best friend Michael for his birthday. I'm VERY much looking forward to that part of the trip. I haven't been to NYC in years.

I can't believe it's already been 2 months.

Until next time...
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment