Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A Guardian Angel Named Jason

A Letter To My New Guardian Angel:

My dearest love,

I wish you were here to talk to me. I so need your guidance, advice, and counsel right now. I'm about to embark on what I hope will be an amazing new journey in my life, and I need you by my side.

Several months before you died, we talked many times about the changes I wanted to make in my career. You knew how unsatisfied I was (and still am) in my current position. It's because of you and that awful disease that I seek this change, and as weird as this sounds...I couldn't thank you or cancer enough.

In the coming weeks, I hope to begin to turn my hatred of the disease that took you away from me into something meaningful...something useful...and something fulfilling. Cancer may have stolen the love of my life, but I'm going to make sure that it will give back to me in many other ways.

So, as I prepare for what lies ahead tomorrow and the days and weeks to come, I know that you'll be by my side to help me be the best I can be. I know that you'll be up there pulling as many strings as you can to make this happen for me. I know that when I get this job that I want almost as much as I want you back, I will have you to thank.

Please give me strength to get through this. Give me wisdom I'll need to move forward. Give me calm and understanding to deal with the problems I'll face. Most of all, continue to give me the love and support you have for the last two years.

I love you so incredibly much, and miss you more than you can ever imagine. Come visit me in my dreams soon.

I love you.
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment