Monday, June 29, 2009

My Chat Buddy

Today for work, I had to sit through the opening statements of the Dallas City Hall corruption and bribery trial. I normally don't find these things very interesting...and still don't. However, it made me miss Jason because this was exactly the sort of thing we'd love to debate. I'd say how utterly useless and stupid this trial would be, and he'd take the other side and say it's necessary to oust the idiots in power.

I miss the chats he and I used to have. We debated the stories I work on...and while at first I would get defensive about it, it grew on me...and I looked forward to telling him about the latest breast implant I was profiling...or some new way to go grocery shopping...only to hear him say how stupid it was and that I could be doing more with my time.

I also miss him chastizing me for not taking my work more serious. On a typical day, I walk into the newsroom wearing shorts, a polo, and tennis shoes. I don't dress, because I don't see the point. If there's a day when I have an important "formal" interview with someone, I will dress...but on the days when I'm logging tape or have a basic interview...I don't see what the big deal is. Jason hated the fact that I never "dressed" the professional part. Well today, he would've given me a big fat "I TOLD YOU SO". I got in trouble today for wearing shorts - because they wanted to send me to court. So my boss told me that I'm being required to dress more "professionally". Whatever. I'll be going to work tomorrow in jeans. It's fucking 104 degrees outside. I work outside for a majoring of my days (unless im inside logging and writing). I'll be damned if I'm gonna be a puddle of sweat all day. And thus why I miss my love...because he'd have some witty, shitty things to say to me.

It's just one more thing that I'll have to get used to... no more snarky comments about my work. Though, I will say - hopefully in the next few weeks...I'll be switching jobs and will have to reform and actually dress for work...tie and all. OH NO!!!

Until next time...
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment