Thursday, June 18, 2009

Something Close To Normal

It's now after midnight...which means...it's Thursday. 5 hours from now will mark the moment 3 weeks ago that my life changed forever. Three weeks. It's been THREE weeks already!? Time sure flies when you're mourning.

I went back to work today...this time for good. No more days off to deal with death...dying...or any variation thereof. No more days off to deal with giving care. It's now time to focus on work once again... and even the possibility of a job change. But more on that at a later date.

On Wednesdays, I used to meet my best friend Amy for dinner with her family. It was a weekly thing until things with Jason got too serious. Today, I restarted that weekly appointment...and it felt good. It felt good to get back to something that I enjoy doing. We had dinner, played the Wii...laughed...talked...and it was great. I almost started to feel guilty for enjoying myself so much, but then I remembered that Jason insisted that I get out and do my own thing. So I took pleasure knowing that I was having fun, and that he was happy for me. A small step in moving forward.

Anyway - that's the buzz that's all the buzz here. I can't wait to tell you all about this job possibility. But I can't yet. Hang tight. Hopefully next week...or the week after that.

Until next time...
Stu

No comments:

Post a Comment