Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Flying High

Its a first for me. I'm blogging from 33,000 feet! In flight wi-fi is the greatest thing!

When I sat down on the plane, I was immediately transported back to April...Easter weekend when Jason and I were taking this very flight heading to Boston. Little did we know it would be his last trip alive.

I sat here remembering every detail I could about him that day. I loved to fly with Jason because he got so excited about it. He was like a little kid. He loved fliying so much, and the excitement was intoxicating. Thinking about it this morning made me smile. I picture him sitting next to me in the window seat glaring out the window trying to figure out what runway we were going to use.

I'm also reminded that as I sit on this plane, someone in Dallas is preparing paperwork for today's closing on Jason's house. Its a bittersweet day. I don't want to see it go, but I do because now I think I can truly begin to slowly let go. The last piece of the puzzle has been put into place, and I can now begin to look at the whole picture.

So, I will say ciao for now...from 33,000 feet above the U.S. So cool! See you in Boston!

Until next time--
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment