Saturday, December 12, 2009

Packing And Pain...Part 2

Well, we're done...for the most part.  We've got the entire kitchen packed up.  Everything in the closets is packed up and ready for the movers.  There's just a few small things here and there, but all in all...I'd say, it's done.

Once I got back into it (after my little blogging break earlier), and after I got some people here to help me, we got it done pretty quickly.  It's amazing how fast you can pack up someone's entire life.

Now we just have to wait for the movers to show up, and I'm sure that's when my next breakdown will happen. It'll be tough to see all of the things that have a little essence of Jason attached to them be marched out the door and into a stranger's truck.  But, alas, it's got to happen.  I can't keep holding onto this forever.  It's been almost seven months now.  It's time to let go a little bit more.

This is a big step, and I think it's going to be the "final straw" in opening up my grief wound.  After we unload the house and all its contents, there won't be anything left here of Jason...except for the few possessions I'm taking from the house and the memories I have tucked away in my brain.  After this house is sold, Jason will officially have no more ties to Dallas.  That's going to be a weird feeling.

It's off to a Christmas party tonight where I can assure I will be drinking my weight in alcohol.  I need it after all of this crap today.

Until next time --
Stuart

2 comments:

  1. i just wanted to let you know im really proud of you. i can imagine how hard this must have been. but you did it! *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Charissa. Its not quite over yet, but a step in the right direction. next weekend will be it.

    ReplyDelete