Friday, December 4, 2009

Worldwide Love

I knew Jason was loved, but tonight I got to see just how far reaching that love goes.  Jason worked for Omni Hotels and its global partner, The Global Hotel Alliance.  He split his job between the two organizations working under two separate bosses.  Both of them were wonderful to Jason throughout his treatment - even when HR tried to make things difficult.  Jason loved the companies he worked for, and he was very proud of the work he did.

When Jason died, we received well-wishes and condolence notes from all over the world.  The evening after he died, I spent hours on the computer reading email after email from his colleagues all sharing their favorite stories about Jason.  It was so wonderful to hear all the great things about him from some many people all over the place.  It made me realize how far reaching Jason's impact was felt.

Tonight, I had that realization again when those colleagues of his from all over the world - China, Australia, India, Germany, Switzerland, England - came together tonight in Fort Worth to raise money for Team Jason 2010.  They invited myself along with Jason's two best friends to come join the festivities.  They decided that since they were all staying in Fort Worth, they were going to spend the evening calf roping!  Jason would've laughed so hard seeing these people trying to toss that rope around.  It was hilarious to see, and so heart-warming to know that they were all making fools of themselves in his wonderful memory.

When all is said and done, I think we're going to have a little more than $5,000 to kick start Team Jason for 2010!  That is FANTASTIC!  I cried the entire way home tonight...because I just wish Jason was here to see all the wonderful things people are doing in his name.  I wish he was here...physically...to hear all the amazing things they have to say about him.  All too often, we wait until someone dies to say all the beautiful things we feel about them.  We need to all be better about telling those around us what they mean to us...before it's too late.

I am blown away at these people's generosity towards us and Team Jason.  I am truly touched, and even though I don't know any of these people...they all knew Jason, and tonight I could feel the love they brought from all over the world.  Truly amazing.

Here's a pic of the whole group after their calf-roping extravaganza:















Until next time--
Stuart

1 comment:

  1. Stuart,

    I am so sorry I did not get to be there last night. But everyone at the office has been talking about it all morning. I will be sure to send along to Tom, Tom and Chris as well.

    Caryn Kboudi (co-worker and friend from Omni)

    ReplyDelete