Saturday, December 5, 2009

Taking Inventory

I'm sitting here on the couch where Jason and I used to lay together.  I'm looking around at the house we were going to share.  It's hard to let go.  It's hard to see all of this disappear.  But, I'm ready to do it.  I'm ready to let go.  It's time.

Jerrod and I spent the morning taking inventory of everything that's still in the house...which is a lot.  There's a lot of stuff that's got to be moved out of here over the next few weeks.  But, we'll get it done.  We have to.

I did ok with everything as we moved our way from room to room cataloging everything inside.  I was ok until we came across a pair of shorts and a shirt that were mysteriously placed in the guest room closet.  They were the last shorts and shirt that Jason wore before he died.  When Jerrod pulled those out and turned around with them in his hand, I almost lost it.  It literally took my breath away.  It was almost as if I had seen his ghost or something.  Wasn't expecting that.

So, now all that's left is to go through the garage and catalog all of that, and then the task of packing will begin.  I'm just ready to have this all over and done with.  It's the final piece of the puzzle, and the final part of letting go of Jason and his things.  I know I can get through this.  I've gotten through everything else.  This, too, shall pass.

Until next time --
Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment